Design Philosophy

I grew up with a Mom who would paint a new room in our house every month and would constantly change furniture arrangements. Before I knew it I was in my room rearranging furniture once a month and constantly painting my walls and finding new bed comforters etc. It was then that I realized I was developing a passion to design rooms in my home and make frequent trips to Ikea, what seemed to be my new favorite store. It's the way you can show your style through design and have multiple inspirations that create something that I love about design.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Depot Design- Study Models



The following are different design options for the adaptive reuse of the Pullman Train Depot to create an art gallery, studio, and residence. What you see is the top of the building at an 1/8" plan. The main focus was to divide up the three different spaces of the building, and to create a distanct difference between the public and private spaces. Also the gallery space needed a particular flow to it. I tried numerous flows such as free spatial, double load, and radial. None of which particularly worked best for my gallery. Doing this before creating my floor plan helped me such much in understanding the flow as well as that important aspect of making sure the public and private spaces are seperate. After doing this though I had realized that I was making my residential space bigger than necessary and I could greatly increase my gallery space.

No comments:

Post a Comment