Design Philosophy

I grew up with a Mom who would paint a new room in our house every month and would constantly change furniture arrangements. Before I knew it I was in my room rearranging furniture once a month and constantly painting my walls and finding new bed comforters etc. It was then that I realized I was developing a passion to design rooms in my home and make frequent trips to Ikea, what seemed to be my new favorite store. It's the way you can show your style through design and have multiple inspirations that create something that I love about design.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Depot Concept Model


The idea generator for the concept model is the final parti that was also used for the textile design.Instead of keeping the parti in 2D, I decided to explore the concepts further more and create a 3D form that can be viewed in all views (therefore not having a base). While using the final parti I also looked back to my original inspiration many times.

The form givers for the concept model are unity, connection, contrast, strong lines, as well as curved lines. The connection goes back to my original inspiration of the two wheels being connected, working together, but not touching. The contrast was also from my inspiration picure of the dark black train and the grey gloomy sky. The curved and bold straight lines came from the train wheels.

The form giver are applied in the final concept model in the way the shape was created as well as the 2 contrasting colors. There are 3 strong bold lines that on each end have curved crossing lines all of which was made out of foam core. There is a quick connection of the curved lines but they are not touching relating back to the wheels. The colors black and white were chosen relate back to the contrast of the sky.

Final parti used for concept model


Final Concept Model- 3D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment