Design Philosophy

I grew up with a Mom who would paint a new room in our house every month and would constantly change furniture arrangements. Before I knew it I was in my room rearranging furniture once a month and constantly painting my walls and finding new bed comforters etc. It was then that I realized I was developing a passion to design rooms in my home and make frequent trips to Ikea, what seemed to be my new favorite store. It's the way you can show your style through design and have multiple inspirations that create something that I love about design.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shelly Murney- Client Artist Profile

Currently I am in the process of designing the adaptive reuse of a train depot in Pullman Washington that will consist of a residence, studio, and gallery. I have been able to choose a artist myself that I will design the space for. Shelly Murney, my chosen artist, is a fantastic photographer. She photographs these great urban rural areas that everyone sees but don't always see the beauty in these beaten down areas. I've spoken with Shelly myself and learned so much about what she does and how much work she puts into her art. When designing the space I need to be sure to make sure that Shelly has enough space in her studio to work as well as plenty of storage. For my design of the depot I am focusing on vision impairment so we are saying that Shelly has a husband with vision impairment and that her residence will need to include vision impairment requirements. I'm so happy to continue working with my chosen artists to make her gallery, studio and residence the best it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment