Design Philosophy

I grew up with a Mom who would paint a new room in our house every month and would constantly change furniture arrangements. Before I knew it I was in my room rearranging furniture once a month and constantly painting my walls and finding new bed comforters etc. It was then that I realized I was developing a passion to design rooms in my home and make frequent trips to Ikea, what seemed to be my new favorite store. It's the way you can show your style through design and have multiple inspirations that create something that I love about design.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Carrie Vielle Studio Visit

For my ID studio class we are in the current process of designing a residential home, a studio space for a selected artists and a gallery for our selected artists work. All with in one building. Carrie Vielle is an extremely talented artists that my class and I are were able to get the chance to visit her stuido space located 200 feet outside her home. She went into great detail about her work as well as how she came about getting her studio space which I believe is going to be a great help for when we start to build our artists studio space.
She gave us great feedback, things that I will keep in mind while building my artists studio space: What are my artists stages/ zones? That my artists is going to need TONS of storage and what ever I think they're going to need I should definatly double that. Some artists likes to have personal things displayed in their workspace, so to keep that in mind. That their studio space needs to be a complete disconnect from their residentail space physically and psychologically. Too many things to get them distracted. That their studio space need complete double duty- and can be changeable if necessary. That the artists will need an office area but that should be away from the creative space, so consider having office space in the residential area. Windows that are controllable for lighting. And what kind of trash and recycle stations might they need.
I got a lot of great information that I believe will help me a lot in creating my artists studio space.

No comments:

Post a Comment